Zix is pleased to announce that your Zix Hosted Service has recently been upgraded to include policy self-management. You can now independently manage all of your ZixGateway policies to meet your individual business needs.
What is a policy? It is easiest to think of a policy as a two-part, “if-then” statement. If a specified pattern is matched, then certain actions should occur. A pattern can be an email address/domain, specific word or words, file attributes, predefined triggers, etc. If the pattern is matched, your policy can state what action you want taken. For example, you may want to automatically encrypt all emails containing protected health information (PHI) to a specific partner domain.
In addition to customization, your Zix Hosted Service includes a rich set of predefined content filters to leverage when creating and managing your policies. The pre-defined content filters can be used to automatically scan emails for HIPAA, financial, social security, credit card information, etc.
As a ZixGateway Policy Administrator, you can:
- Access all your ZixGateway policies
- Add, edit and delete policies
- Add and delete content filters
To request Policy Administrator credentials for your Zix Hosted Service, please contact Zix Customer Support at email@example.com.
To learn more about the new ZixGateway Policy Administrator role and how to manage your ZixGateway policies, check out these valuable resources*:
- Policy Administrator Training Video
◦ The “Hosted Service Policy Administrator” course video shows you how to create a policy, set policy triggers, actions to apply, branding, routing options and much more
- Policy Administrator Documentation
◦ Provides detailed information on accessing ZixGateway Manager, configuring policies, making changes to content filters (lexicons) and instructions for activating updates
- You can also review the policy and lexicon articles here:
* Access to the above resources requires a login to the Zix Support web site. Follow the link below to access the login page or to create your new account credentials. When creating a new account or resetting your existing one, ensure you use the email address to which this notice was sent. Please enter your email address in lowercase form.
Link to Zix Support web site: https://zadmin.support.zixcorp.com/ics/support/mylogin.asp
You are receiving this announcement because you are designated as an authorized contact. Authorized contacts have the ability to make configuration changes to your Zix Hosted Service. If you would like to add a contact or modify your existing contacts, reply to this message. Please provide the contact’s name, email address and phone number.
We appreciate your business. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Zix Customer Support at 888-576-4949.